I had made this quiche B.B. (Before Blog) and had enjoyed it very much so. Why is it "British" quiche? That I do not know! Or care!
THE RECIPE (COURTESY OF ABOVE REFERENCED BOOK):
2-3 garlic cloves
1.5 c. broccoli
2 c. spinach
1 lb. tofu, drained and cut into chunks
2-3 TBS. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne (optional)
1 vegan pie crust (See 11/08/08 Entry for recipe)
1 tsp. paprika
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Combine garlic, broccoli, spinach, tofu chunks, nutritional yeast, salt, cayenne.
3) Combine in food processor (option) [I opted out of this step; instead I just chopped everything really well]
4) Roll out pie crust and place in pie dish.
5) Spoon tofu mixture into pie crust.
6) Sprinkle paprika on top.
7) Bake for 1 hour and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Why is my link not working?! Must play around with Blogger to create active and visible links. In the meantime, the following is the url for the cookbook: http://www.amazon.com/Peta-Celebrity-Cookbook-Ingrid-Newkirk/dp/1590560272/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260239543&sr=8-1