Sunday, November 8, 2009

Onion Tart...Recipe to Follow Once I Figure Out Where I Found It - Whoops!

This was a dish I made awhile ago. CH and I ate about half of it before I took a picture of it, whoopsie. CH is not into vegan eating and enjoyed it nonetheless! We enjoyed it with a glass of KungFu Girl white.

Some thoughts: Bake time--> Increase it.

Used a recipe for vegan pie crust, which is ridiculously delicious and from the PETA Celebrity Cookbook (p.117):

2 c. flour
1.5 TBS sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. + 2TBS marg
2 TBS veggie oil
3 TBL cold water
_______________________________________________

1) Mix flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
2) Cut marg. into small pieces and mix into the flour. Mixture is crumbly.
3) Thoroughly mix oil and water in a small bowl and combine with the flour/marg. mixture. Knead until dough barely holds together. Don't overwork the dough. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.

Note: I have made this dough in the past according to recipe and found it on the greasy side, so I made the executive decision to reduce the marg. to 1/2 c. (Eliminating the additional 2TBS of marg.) As a result, the dough was a little too crumbly...Therefore, next time I'll try 1/2 c. + 1 TBS. marg in the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment